I Should Look and Smell a Lot Better
I just spent the past 2.5 hours picking up the main floor of the house, doing laundry, and cleaning the bathroom. While up there, I was inspired to clean out the cabinets, which hold the requisite towels, but also cleaning supplies, scale, and a surprising array of bottles, tubes, brushes, etc.
I don't consider myself a high maintenance female by any means...but holy cow I have a lot of crap. There was enough lotion in there to have me smelling like various fruits or baked goods for the next 3 years. Not to mention skin care products that have been tried and ditched, makeup that wasn't quite the right color...kits to wax the legs, lotions to make the hair grow in slower, gels to make shaving easier. Jewelry cleaners, 10 different nail polishes, hand cremes, nail buffers, shower gels, pedicure kits...you name it, it seems I've got it.
To add insult to injury, if you open up our medicine cabinet, you will see Husband's simple stash of toothbrush, deodorant, razor, spare blades, cologne, and Tums. In the shower you will find soap, shampoo, shaving gel, and another razor. We share nail clippers and toothpaste.
He laughed and gave me a big hug when I revealed this to him, as if he didn't already know. He reminded me that he grew up with three sisters. He gets it.
Which is one of many reasons I adore him.
3 comments:
Haha, how sweet of Brett to hug you!!! I have yet to complete this task as my stash just seems to keep growing and growing!! Chuck is almost just as bad, with different bottles of cologne...his favorite and his not so favorite lure on the bathroom counter. You can't even see the bathroom counter really....maybe I need to be more organized?
I'm glad I'm not the only one with this "problem". I've always thought that it would be great to have all your friends gather their castaways and have a little exchange party. Isn't that a great idea?!
That's a great idea! I did save a few things to give to other people. It's a waste to toss things just because they're not my favorite "flavor."
Post a Comment