Sunday, September 23, 2007

GNO

Lastnight I had a Girls' Night Out with 4 of my friends. We do this every few months, and it's always a lot of fun. This time we headed over to St. Paul, where we ate dinner at Sweeney's and then made our way over to Axel's Bonfire Grill for dueling pianos. We sang along to timeless classics like "Don't Stop Believin'" and "Walkin' on Sunshine" as well as interesting piano remixes of more recent and completely ridiculous (but still entertaining) songs "Holla Back Girl" and "My Humps." It was a grand old time and I haven't laughed so hard in a long while...and yes, I was completely sober.

To cap off the night, we were invited by a couple of dudes to sit at a table with them. We had only about 10 more minutes before our ride arrived, so we figured what the hell. After them asking us if we go to school here (thank you very much) and Gretchen trying to convince them that Jacquie was an Olympic pole vaulter, it was time to go. Of course Gretchen was asked for her number, but consequently, it was her boyfriend who was waiting outside to pick us up.

Unfortunately I failed to capture our motley crew on film, which I intended to do. But there will be other opportunities, as this night will join the catalogue of crazy GNOs past, present and future. I am so thankful to have my friends.

No comments: