Saturday, September 19, 2009

What's One More?

I always said I was not going to be one of those moms that would acquire a lot of unnecessary "baby stuff." Before Lucy was born I obsessed over what I really needed, asked all my friends what they preferred. "You don't need a swing and a bouncy seat," one said. "Don't waste your money on those play mats," said another.

Well guess what? She's got all three of those. Add a Bumbo chair and a play blanket and a smattering of colorful toys that squeak, rattle, and/or play music, and you're pretty much looking at our livingroom. It comes down to
finding something to stimulate her, and something that will occupy her for a few moments while I go to the bathroom, or just want to use my 2 hands for something else. So seem we acquire more as we go...but some do get taken out of rotation, too.

That being said, here's our latest contraption. I scored this jumper in great condition for $25 on Craig's List; a sweet deal considering the brand new version retails for about $90. I also like the idea of re-using instead of putting something new into the universe. And she loves it!



3 comments:

Kristi @ Sunday Afternoon said...

So does this mean you get rid of one of those other play things?? hehe

jessov said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jessov said...

Yes, actually the bouncy seat has kind of gone by the wayside. It's out of my livingroom now!