This afternoon Brandon and I took Buddy to church. Why, you say?
For the Blessing of the Animals.

Our church does this annually as a way to recognize our pets as God's creatures and to acknowledge their importance in our lives...as beautifully expressed in this prayer:
God, our creator, help us to love all creatures as our kin, all animals as our partners on Earth, all birds as messengers of praise, all small beings as expressions of your mysterious design and all frogs as voices of hope.
(I'm not sure why frogs got singled out, but it's a nice sentiment). Buddy was reasonably well-behaved with all of the other dogs and a few cats, and Brandon and I thought it was pretty cool. Since Lucy was born Buddy probably hasn't gotten as much attention from me especially, though he has had a close friend in Brandon since Brandon moved in with us. But it was nice to take some time out to celebrate our furry friend. In preparation, he even got to go to the groomer yesterday to get a bath and the full spa treatment. :)
While cruising the web today, I found this video through another blog. I thought it was pretty special; please check it out: God and Dog. Give your puppers some special attention tonight if you have one.
No comments:
Post a Comment