Welcome to My Latest Project – Tunes on 2s
When I hear certain songs, I am transported back to a time or place, or am reminded of a certain person. Sometimes this song might be representative of a very limited slice of life (for example, a certain college party, my 13th birthday, etc.) but can carry a very powerful memory or feeling.
I’ve been thinking a lot about the role of music in my life, and want to share some of the thoughts and stories locked in my brain. I am also very interested in hearing from the readers – and finding out how the same song could possibly have a profoundly different effect or memory for different people. So please post your story in the comments! I think this could be a very interesting little exercise in perspective, and a unique illustration of the power of music. Plus, sometimes it’s just downright funny!
These blogs will be in no particular chronological order, and I expect to post 2 times per month to start– the 2nd and 22nd of each month – hence, “Tunes on 2s.” I have a wide range of musical taste spanning genres and decades, so there will likely be something for everyone. Please comment freely, and pass on this link to others. It is a bit of an experiment, so the more the merrier! As a bonus, I will post a photo out of the personal archives from that time.
Check back Tuesday night for the first “Tunes on 2s!”
No comments:
Post a Comment