Saturday, September 06, 2008

An Evening With Miss H

Last Friday night we had a visit from our niece, Miss H. My sister-in-law told me that all week long, she was so excited to come to "Auntie Jess and Buddy's house." Her uncle wasn't too impressed by that.

Miss H was all about Buddy. I taught her a few commands so he would learn to respect her, and although I think the dog was thoroughly confused at times because of the string of commands she would fire off, over time I'm sure they will both get the hang of it. For awhile there Miss H thought Buddy needed to rely on someone else to tell him what to do...all the time. I had to convince her that sometimes, Buddy can just sit, or walk into another room, or do something all by himself. After awhile she caught on.

She is also very into "make-up" right now, and toted along a whole arsenal of lip glosses and chapsticks. After the application of about 6 layers of different lip lubes (and completely cracking me up with her faces in front of the mirror), she was satisfied and I assured her she was quite beautiful. Saturday morning I also painted her fingernails (alternating dark and light pink, with press-on rhinestones, of course). She's all girl and all fun!

No comments: