Monday, March 05, 2007

Like the First Day of School

Well, today was Day 1 at my new job. I am tired, but it was a good day. Lots of orientation and getting toted around to meet everyone (office of about 48 people), lots of reading up on policies and procedures, and lots of figuring out how to use a new email system, voicemail, etc. It was nice to see a few familiar faces and they all seemed happy to see me too. There's a very good vibe at this place, and I'm looking forward to learning more what the company is all about.

Aside from the warm welcome from my new co-workers, I had some other warm fuzzies today. Emails from friends throughout the day, and at the end of the day, a very nice surprise...a call from my dad (thanks Dad!) My friend Kristy called on my way home, just to see how the day went and to tell me that perhaps I have inspired her to make some changes as well (I'm glad you are feeling better about things, Kristy!) And then, the cherry on top...when I walked in the door tonight, I was greeted by a card and a "spring mix" basket, which is all sprouts right now, but will soon burst forth with all my favorite spring blooms - compliments of Husband. A very fitting gift for a new beginning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah! I'm glad it went well! I was thinking about you today:) Hope to see you on the 17th!