Friday, March 30, 2007

Raining Cats and Dogs

Today we had a family dinner out and then made an impromtu stop at the Humane Society. Oh lord. This was my first time, and Husband kept asking me if I was sure I could do it. I have had serious dog envy for awhile now...and have a serious soft spot for beagles or similar hounds. But I have been known to attach to random dogs for adoption at pet stores. If the landlord allowed, a rescued greyhound named Missy would have been mine a few months ago. A dog looks at me, and I melt.

So I went in, knowing it would be tough. We started with the cats, which was sad enough. So many! Husband made his way to the dogs, and Brandon and I followed. When we stepped in, Husband was standing in front of a kennel and giving me that look that says, "you need to see this dog, but I'm not sure you should see it because you'll want it." Needless to say, I am a glutton for punishment. A beautiful coonhound named Emmy captured my heart. And if her big brown eyes weren't enough, she stuck her paw through the gap in the gate and tapped my hand!

Damn this duplex. More reason to buy a house, quicker!

No comments: