Wednesday, November 15, 2006

TV Tunes

Tonight is TV night for Husband and I. It's pretty much the only night we sit down and watch together, because we typically like entirely different shows. But Wednesdays we usually watch Lost, and before/after Lost, I tolerate his incessant channel-flipping. I do this because it's just nice to sit in the same room and enjoy each other's company, instead of being on different floors of our abode.

So the one show we can cling to happens to be on hiatus until February, which I find completely stupid. We'll probably lose interest in Lost by then (OK, probably not, because we have to know if they escape from "the others.") Who ever heard of a fall finale? Good grief. Now what to watch?

Tonight we stumbled across a show called Bones. Husband had seen in before, but this was my first time. It was pretty good, and they showed 2 episodes in a row, so we could spend a couple of mindless - but together - hours. Anyway, toward the end of one of the episodes I heard a familiar voice singing in the background. A voice I was introduced to by my friend Jacquie, a voice we have listened to several times at a tiny place called the 400 Bar here in Minneapolis. A voice I have sang with in the car on roadtrips. I was delighted to hear
Tim Easton singing Next to You. It's a very sweet song, and he's a great singer/songwriter. Check him out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how you refer to him as "husband"!! Too funny! Tim Easton sounds a lot like Bob Dylan.