Sunday, February 10, 2008

Trying to Take A Breather

We've had a busy weekend! This weekend Husband and I were on our own, and Friday night he took me out to a pre-Valentine's Day dinner at Santorini, which is the place we celebrated our very first Valentine's Day as a dating couple back in 2004. We typically don't make too much of a hoopla about Valentine's Day, so this was a nice little gesture. He also let me pick a movie, and was brave enough to be one of two men in the theater for 27 Dresses. It was a very nice evening out, and we don't get to do that too often.

Yesterday we were house-hunting, and made an offer as you all know from the post below. So we were pretty busy from 10AM until about 2:30 PM, and had a little rest at home before heading to a hockey game, which started at 5PM. Husband has never been to a game where the Wild lost, and this was no exception. They pulled it off in overtime and beat the Islanders 3-2. Luckily it was an early game and we were home by about 8:30, because we were tired!

Today we were a little reluctant to venture outdoors, considering the morning temp was a balmy -14 below (not including wind chill). So it was a nice day to relax indoors, but I couldn't sit still. I've had a lot of nervous energy all day, waiting to hear from our realtor. So after a day of sorting through a couple years worth of papers in my filing cabinet (including two bouts of unjamming the paper shredder), vacuuming and dusting, cleaning the livingroom and kitchen, doing a few loads of laundry (still in progress), and making Scotcheroo bars, I am now sitting in the recliner doing some paperwork and watching the Grammys. It's hard not to sit here and think about it.

I have to say - so far the Grammys have been pretty awesome. I love seeing all of the collaborations and special performances. I'm watching Kanye West right now, and he's singing a tribute to his mom. So...must go because it's making me tear up. I'm such a girl. :)

No comments: