Sunday, December 03, 2006

Six Months of Wedded Bliss

Today I have been married for six months, half a year. It has really flow by – sometimes it seems like just yesterday that we were having the wedding, other times it seems like so long ago already.
For as completely AWESOME as our wedding day was, and all the fun we had on the honeymoon, I knew that what followed would be a difficult road. If anyone ever tells you that marriage is easy, THEY ARE LYING. It’s such a huge adjustment, especially if you have never lived together. I also think when you are a little older when you get married, it’s even more difficult, because you have been doing things a certain way for so long. And you’re doing it that way because you think it’s the best way. Then someone else comes along and has the gall to suggest that it’s not. Geez. :)

There’s also someone there 24/7, calling you out and making you accountable for every emotion, action and reaction. Sometimes I don’t know how I feel, or why I feel that way. I just do. And that must be incredibly frustrating for Husband. I can relate because when he’s in a mood, I want to know why, I want to know how I can help. But sometimes the best thing is to just leave him alone, and that’s hard.

So I’m learning. But I do know that at the end of the day, it’s a wonderful feeling knowing that someone is always there for you, no matter what. And sometimes that person knows exactly what you need, even when you don’t have a clue.

Love you, B. Happy 6 months.

No comments: