Is it Friday Yet?
I have to preface this post by saying it has been one of those weeks. I have One Main Thing I need to get done at work, and yet all day long I am interrupted by a bunch of little things that are important, but with all the juggling I have been unable to finish the One Main Thing, and the deadline is fast approaching. Not to mention being behind on the One Main Thing has put me behind on some other things that need to get done.
So I have been attempting to budget my time and spend it wisely. Tonight I had hockey tickets, our first game of the year. But Husband went without me and took his dad, because I felt I needed an evening to work late, get some things done, and most of all print out a bunch of stuff for a holiday party tomorrow night for which I have been the principle event planner. All the files were ready, just needed to print and I was going to have an a-ok evening and go to bed knowing I am prepared.
I got home around 8:30 after working and running a few errands. I go downstairs to start printing. I use Husband's computer because it's already on. Get everything all set, and discover Husband's computer is not hooked up to the printer. OK. I cannot use my laptop, so I switch chairs and boot up Brandon's computer. I go to retrieve my file, and alas, discover the keyboard is not working. I can't type anything. I check the connections, look good. I reboot the computer. Still nothing. I try another keyboard, because there happens to be two spare keyboards underneath the desk (I'm not kidding about this). I know one of them is good, so I try it. Still nothing. I bang on the keys in frustration. That doesn't work either. Like any self-respecting 21st century female, I go upstairs and google "keyboard doesn't work" on my laptop. They tell me to do the things I've already tried, and if that doesn't work, they tell me to do some computer gobbledeegook that I don't understand.
So here I am. We have 3 functioning computers in this house, and I currently cannot use any of them to do one simple task. The universe is telling me something, but I'm not sure what.
It's kind of how I felt when I opened the mailbox yesterday. This weekend I addressed my Christmas cards. I did not order return address labels in time, so I hand wrote all of the return addresses. Yesterday the free holiday address labels from our insurance company came in the mail. I guess everything is just meant to take me twice as long these days.
It will be a late night, because I have to wait until Husband gets home all happy with a head full of hockey to fix the keyboard. Hope everyone else enjoys their sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment