We finally got down to Iowa to celebrate Christmas with my family. Lucy and I drove down the morning of New Year's Eve, and Husband and Brandon caught up with us the evening of New Year's Day. The little bug and I had a good solid day with Grandma and Grandpa O., and on New Year's headed to Grandma White's to see a lot more family. Even though it wasn't the traditional Christmas Eve celebration, which got thwarted by snow this year along with everything else, it was a nice relaxing time and it was so nice to see everyone.
Lucy got to spend good quality time with her cousins (and I with my nephews), D and E. Two-year-old D liked to be around "Wucy" and would pat her head or get on the floor with her. E is 3 months younger than Lucy but catching up fast. He's a big kid too! I'll be anxious to see if he has a growth spurt like she did between 4 and 6 months.
We are also grateful for members of the Overmohle side of the family braving the cold and coming over to visit. Lucy gave a few coy smiles to her great-grandpa, and had fun with Great Aunt Beth and Great Uncle Bob, and cousins Shelby and Blake. I think Shelby had a good time too; she created this photo:
The best part though, was that all of my brothers and I, and their spouses, were "home" at the same time. That hasn't happened for quite awhile, and we had a nice little Christmas celebration of our own. The kids (big and small) were spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa, and it was a messy, jolly good time. It reminded me of Christmas when we were kids...paper flying everywhere, laughter, the light in the kids' eyes. I hope that happens many more times in the future.
1 comment:
The first picture totally looks like the babies are getting ready to rumble Thunderdome-style! Two babies enter, one baby leaves.
I know, I am weird.
Post a Comment