Saturday, March 21, 2009

Little Pink Stone

One of the benefits of my particularly vivid pregnancy dreams (besides the comic relief) is that I am often "visited" by people in my life, and even people close to me who have passed. For example, about a month ago I had a great dream about being on my grandparents' farm, and going to the grocery store with my Grandpa Lyle. He was right there, plain as day (another blog, another time, I promise). It just feels good when you wake up.

However, I have experienced that it's not just in my sleeping life that these kinds of things happen. I'd like to tell you about my little pink stone.

My grandma Rosemary left this earth in 2003, right before Christmas. The following holiday season when the family was all together, my grandpa brought out all of her jewelry and after gifting the more significant pieces to her sons and daughters, allowed her grandchildren to select a few trinkets to remember her by. I chose a couple of simple costume pieces, and then something else caught my eye. It was a little piece of rose quartz, about the size of a dime. I was cracked but worn smooth, and I imagined it got that way from being held in my grandmother's hand. I added it to my special pieces.

Days later we were still at my parent's house, and I had been carrying the stone in my pocket. Suddenly I reached for it and it wasn't there. I looked everywhere for it and couldn't find it anywhere. I thought it was lost, but the next day I walked in to the room I was sleeping in, and there it was in the middle of the floor. I had looked there...it's like it just reappeared out of nowhere.

We returned home and I tucked the stone away, and really haven't thought about it but occasionally, when I go into the little box of my grandmother's trinkets to retrieve something else. It had been quite awhile since I had opened that box.

This morning I was driving to an appointment and listening to a talk radio show, where they were discussing perhaps some more unconventional ways to achieve "energy on the go." There was a guest talking about the healing/therapeutic powers of different types of stones. As I listened, I thought of my little pink stone, and wondered if rose quartz had any type of beneficial properties. Not 30 seconds later, the woman mentioned rose quartz as being one of the most calming "touch stones," or stones that you carry with you and touch every once in awhile to reap the benefits of its properties. Rose quartz, she said, has vibrations of "unconditional love."

How fitting, considering the source.

I can't even tell you how much this little gift has come at just the right time...the stone is in my pocket today.

Author's note: I just read something else that says "Rose quartz has excellent protection energies during pregnancy and childbirth." :)

No comments: