Thursday, March 12, 2009

Give a Hoot, Don't Pollute

Today on my way back to the office from a meeting, I went through a drive-thru to get a little snack (a strawberry shake sounded REALLY good this afternoon). As I was waiting for my turn at the window, an empty soda can and two fast food cups flew out of the driver's side window of the car in front of me and onto the ground. Then the offender drove to the next window, only to reach out again and grab a sack of food and two new fast food cups. Likely these will meet the same fate in some other unsuspecting public area when it's time to go through another drive-thru.

Now I realize that this is particularly appalling to one who actually separates out recycling in her car, but the earth is not your personal garbage can, people!

1 comment:

Kristi @ Sunday Afternoon said...

Bad, bad people! I once saw a guy in the bank parking lot, literally cleaning is car out by throwing it all out the door. Oh, he got the nastiest look from me! I get pissed when people throw cigarette butts out the car window!