Sunday, February 08, 2009

Been Away Too Long

Seems like lately I haven't had much to blog about, or don't know if you all want to be bored with the details of my pregnancy, which is mostly what's on my mind these days. Reaching the halfway point was actually a bit of an eye-opener for me; I've had a lot of thoughts swimming around in my head lately, and have been feeling a bit overwhelmed. So as I prepare to forge ahead, I thought I'd update you on some of the other things going on lately in life, that have also contributed to the "overwhelming" feeling...

WORK has been very busy lately. I have a lot of balls up in the air on a daily basis, and this has resulted in a several long days/nights, particularly last week. On top of it all, our office has not been immune to the hard economic times. We had a tough day last week but hopefully will rebound stronger. Needless to say I have been paying close attention to all the stimulus conversations. This directly impacts what I do every day.

THE HOUSE has been throwing us a few curveballs lately. Thursday night just before midnight, Husband informed me that our furnace was blowing only cold air. I got up and we both sat up for awhile and tried to figure out what was wrong with it, with no luck. We finally went to bed and when I woke up in the morning, it was 54 degrees in the house! Not so bad for sleeping, but not so great for shower time. Luckily Husband's cousin was able to come over on Friday and fix it for us (thanks again Casey!) Turned out to be the igniter and a relatively easy fix, but the house wasn't done with us. Apparently when I was gone this weekend the downstairs toilet plugged up and ran for awhile, unbeknowst to the boys. There was a stream of water running all the way from the bathroom to the drain in the utility room. Again, luckily no harm was done and they got it all cleaned up.

BRANDON recently took a pre-ACT exam. This also kind of hit me hard, as I realized that in two years we need to be prepared for college. We certainly are in a unique situation here with one kid on the way and one preparing to step out into the world.

FINANCES have been on my mind lately, for all of the reasons above, and also because it's tax time. We are trying hard to prepare for the baby and all of the expenses it will bring along with the joy. Husband and I have a "money date" this week to talk about a revised budget and get ready to get our taxes done (sexy, I know!)

This weekend I spent a few days with some of my best girlfriends, and got some clarity on the situation, especially baby stuff. They were very patient with all of my questions, and two of them even took me into Babies R Us and gave me the lowdown on what they liked, what we absolutely need, and what to not even bother with. This helped me tremendously to not feel so overwhelmed with all of the choices out there. I also laughed more this weekend than I have in a long time. Very, very special thanks to my girls for a great weekend.

Now I'm back and ready to take on the world. After a good night's sleep. :)

No comments: