Tunes on 2s - A Baby Just Like You - John Denver (1975)
Listen/watch here.
The season is upon us now
A time for gifts and giving
And as the year draws to its close
I think about my living
The Christmastime when I was young
The magic and the wonder
But colors dull and candles dim
And dark my standing under
Oh little angel, shining light
You've set my soul to dreaming
You've given back my joy in life
You' ve filled me with new meaning...
I've always loved this song, and it's been on my mind since I pulled out my Rocky Mountain Christmas album this holiday season. Like many other John Denver songs, I think it's lyrically simple and beautiful, but this year it touches my heart in a different way.
Next Christmas we will have a baby. It might be the hormones, but it's a very emotional thing to think about. We have a long way to go between now and then, but I can't help but think about how much fun, and how special it will be, to have a 6-month-old in the house at Christmastime.
For this year, I am looking forward to sitting back, relaxing, and enjoying our families. Maybe once or twice I will peek into the future and think about next year's Christmas too. I hope this holiday season be as special for your family as it will be for ours.
1 comment:
Next year is going to be a very special one for you indeed! I'm so happy for you and Brett. Have a Merry Christmas and I love you!
Post a Comment