Listen/watch here.
Matty told Hatty about a thing she saw
Had two big horns and a wooly jaw
Wooly bully, wooly bully
Wooly bully, wooly bully, wooly bully
I foresee that many times in this Tunes on 2s journey, you will hear me talk about the infamous stack of 45s that I grew up with. These were tunes from the 1950s, records that belonged to my parents, or maybe my grandparents. This stack of records really became an integral part of my life’s musical journey.
Today, I want to tell you about a little song called “Wooly Bully.” The lyrics to this song are relatively unintelligible, (right up there with Louie, Louie), which is made even clearer by the fact I had to look up the lyrics above, and was surprised at what they were. In fact, at one point in my young life, I thought the name of the song was Puddin’ Puddin’ (aka Pudding, Pudding). This was especially cool because on some sort of family vacation, I acquired a little cloth doll called a “Puddin’ Doll.” This Puddin’ Doll had her own song! In my six-year-old mind, this made complete and perfect sense. (I'm guessing on the age here, and plus I had a convenient alread-scanned photo from my 6th birthday, below).
I was back at my parent’s house last week for Thanksgiving, where the old toybox my dad built is still enshrined in the basement. I looked for that Puddin’ Doll, and alas, she is gone…but her memory lives forever in Puddin’ Puddin’.
1 comment:
reminds me of "full metal jacket" and is also my general ringtone, for those who dont have a ringtone of their own.
Post a Comment