This is Why You Don't Store Snow Globes in the Shed
I was worried the glass might crack as they defrosted, but they turned out just fine. Although the "snow" is now sticking all static-like to the figures in the manger scene globe. I guess that's just more realistic!
It's beginning to look a little more like Christmas around here. Husband pretends to be a bit of a Scrooge, but last weekend while I was gone shopping with his sisters, he put lights outside in the yard and also set up the Christmas tree. That really got me into the spirit, so that afternoon I had Brandon help me haul all of the Christmas boxes out of the shed and we decorated the tree. It's so nice to be able to put up a "big" tree...for the past several years I've only had room for a little lodgepole pine. Mom and Dad were gracious enough to donate their artificial tree to our cause, as they have downsized. I really wanted to put it in front of the bay window, but it wouldn't fit! So we rearranged things to fit it in the corner. I am short a few essentials (like a proper tree-topper) but I'll put those on my list to look for after the holidays. It just feels a lot more like the holidays with a tree up!
Here's hoping all of you are in the holiday spirit as well. Although all of my shopping is not done, I am just really looking forward to spending some time with our families, closing out the year with gratitude and looking forward to 2009 with great anticipation.
No comments:
Post a Comment