Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Friendly Game of Slippery Twister, Anyone?

Tonight I wanted to do some baking, so on my way home from work today I stopped at the gas station to pick up some eggs. While there I noticed the frozen pizzas were on sale, so I picked one up to stick in the freezer.

While checking out, the cashier said, "wow, that's something I've never seen together before, eggs and pizza."

I didn't really think it was that weird, but I guess considering the location it might be a bit of an unusual purchase. Nonetheless it got me thinking about other strange purchase combinations.

One time that comes to mind is several years back when I stopped in the Indianola, IA Wal-Mart with a friend. He purchased three Twister games for a "human Twister" Halloween costume I was helping him out with. He was also doing some work on the vehicles at his dad's place, so he picked up a 5-gallon jug of motor oil, and we were on our way.

So there we were, a male and female going through the line to purchase nothing but Twister and a big jug of oil. I'll let you connect the dots there. Needless to say we got a raised eyebrow from the cashier.

Any weird purchase combinations you can share?

1 comment:

Kristi @ Sunday Afternoon said...

I know I've purchased some strange combinations, but honestly can't think of them right now. Funny thing is, you don't realize they are strange until you set them down at the register and think...oh my!