Monday, June 30, 2008

Okoboji Hangover
We're back from Okoboji and still recovering...I think I'm going to bed soon (9:30 is early for me). We had a good time catching up with family, and I especially had fun playing with my nephew Little D. He was in a pretty good mood most of the time and it was a hoot seeing how big he's getting, and how many new things he can do.

Friday night the annual Bean Bag Tournament was held, and Brandon experienced the thrill of victory with my cousin Jeremy. They are both left-handed, so there were many "theories" expressed correlating their win with their southpaw nature. We enjoyed some time around the campfire and all in all it was a great evening, despite the COLD overnight temperatures. We definitely weren't expecting it, and sleeping in the tent was quite chilly. Between that and a leaky air mattress, we did not get a good night's sleep.

The weather wasn't extremely cooperative on Saturday, so that dampened the fun a little bit. Brandon did get out in the kayak for a little while with Dad and Jeremy, but it was still windy and pretty chilly out there. I never got the chance to go out, as it rained most of Saturday aftenroon into the evening. We were all crowded in the cabin, but took a break and went to Pizza Ranch in Spirit Lake. Later that evening Kristi, Emily, Tami and I (cousins) went to a bachelorette party for our future cousin-in-law, Allison. It was a good time and nice to spend some fun hours with my cousins.
Saturday night we slept better on a new air mattress (and with more layers on). Sunday morning we packed up, said our goodbyes to the fam, and had brunch and some nice conversation with Mom and Dad before heading home. Turns out the dog had a few mishaps while staying with the in-laws, so that was a bit of a damper on an overall good trip. All in all though, it is good to be home. Now off to bed I go...

No comments: