An Afternoon Amongst the Flowers
Today I went to Gertens, a local gardening center, with my mother-in-law, 2 sisters-in-law, and my niece, Miss H. None of us had every been there before, and let's just say we were overwhelmed by the amount of flowers, plants, shrubs, trees...this place is huge! Once we got acclimated to the sheer size of the place, it was pretty interesting to have so many plants in one place. Everything is very well organized into sections (annuals, perennials, etc) and labeled with photos of what the flower will look like once it has bloomed. It was helpful not only in picking out new plants, but also to see what some of the plants coming up in our yard will look like, and to come up with new ideas. Mostly, it was just nice to be outside and hang out with "the girls." Miss H held up pretty well, but eventually she was so over it...
I picked up 2 beautiful hanging baskets for the front of the house that were on sale. They are dark pink impatiens and look really nice up against the blue of the house. I also got a pink salvia plant to try along the side of the garage (I guess I liked pink today). I will plant the salvia tomorrow; I hung the baskets as soon as I got home, and unfortunately we had another suprise round of rain, high winds, and hail. They took a little beating, but not too bad. Tomorrow looks to be a gorgeous day, so I'll try to take a photo then!
4 comments:
I don't know whether it's just me or if perhaps everyone
else experiencing issues with your blog.
It looks like some of the written text within your posts are running off
the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them as
well? This might be a issue with my browser because I've had this happen before. Many thanks
Review my web site ; android tablet pc
I don't know whether it's just me or if perhaps everyone else experiencing
issues with your blog. It looks like some of the written text
within your posts are running off the screen. Can
somebody else please comment and let me know if
this is happening to them as well? This might be a issue
with my browser because I've had this happen before. Many thanks
Also see my site :: android tablet pc
Fastidious answer back in return of this matter with
genuine arguments and explaining all regarding that.
Feel free to visit my web site : lanautica.com
Link exchange is nothing else but it is just placing the other
person's web site link on your page at suitable place and other person will also do same in support of you.
Also visit my blog - My adult dating
Post a Comment