I have to first say that I've been saving this story until I had the visual...and since it's nearly Mother's Day (you'll get this connection in a moment), and we're actually in Iowa, all the more perfect! Happy day to you, Mom!
So one night Husband comes upstairs, laughing, and saying, "You've GOTTA call your mom..."
Brandon called Husband and said, "Dad, I gotta tell you a funny story." Apparently he was at school one day and got called into the counselor's office and was asked,
"Why are you wearing a shirt with drugs on it?"
"What? It's corn." Counselor looked closer, stifled a laugh, and sent him back to class.
Now, tell me, when you see this shirt, do you think corn?
Hmmm...from a distance it may look like something else, eh?The ultimate kicker is this: my mom bought Brandon this shirt.
Bless her heart, she thought it a fitting tribute to the great state of Iowa. When we first saw it, we busted out laughing. The slogan and the suspicious "corn" seemed all too obvious. She admonished us for being tainted, ill-minded 30-somethings. This was months ago. I've seen Brandon wear it around our house, but didn't know it traveled outside these walls.
Am I thrilled he wore it to school? Nah, but no harm done. It is corn, after all, but I have a feeling that excuse may only work this one time. But overall, telling my dad the story on the phone and hearing my mom shriek in the background, "Oh no, that SHIRT?! He wore it to SCHOOL?!"
Priceless.
No comments:
Post a Comment