Sunday, October 08, 2006

Wallets Made of Duct Tape?

I did a whole lot of nothing this weekend, and it was beautiful! Brett and Brandon left around noon on Saturday to go on a fishing trip until Sunday morning, so I had the house to myself. The weather was gorgeous and warm, so I enjoyed a walk on Saturday afternoon. I also went to a party on Saturday night with my friend Jacquie. Our friends Lowell and Bobbie had a "Harvest Moon" party at their house. We enjoyed getting to know our friends' family members...it's always so interesting to see if they look alike, or how they interact with each other. We even met a guy who had made his entire wallet out of duct tape...who would've thought? Apparently there are entire websites
dedicated to this sort of thing. I also learned what a church key is (it's not the obvious key to your local religious institution). Apparently it's a type of metal bottle opener. So he carried around a church key at all times - in the duct tape wallet - just in case he needed to crack open a beer. Interesting characters all around. Lowell and Bobbie have done a great job with their house and it was all decorated for the fall season. And the harvest moon was beautiful. We had a good time!

No comments: