It was a happy day in the great north today, as the Minnesota Twins clinched their division and earned the right to start the playoffs at home in the Metrodome. I love this team - they are all so young and excited and playing SO GREAT right now. It's going to be fun to watch!
Iowa Bound
This weekend I headed down to Dubuque, IA to to visit my cousin Kristi. I arrived Friday night, and we headed up to a local tap to hang out with her boyfriend Chad and some of their friends. It was a delightful night of cheap beer, good conversation and a rockin' jukebox (by cheap I mean REALLY cheap at $1 a glass...you don't see that in the Cities!)
Saturday Kristi gave me a little driving tour of Dubuque. It's really a pretty interesting river city with a lot of history. They are doing a lot of renovating and updating of the downtown area, and it will be interesting to see how different things are the next time I visit. After the local tour, we drove across the border to Galena, IL to have lunch and do some shopping. Galena is a charming historic town with reknowned boutique shopping that covers everything from home decor to clothing to knitting and beyond. We found some really cool stuff, but it was more about looking and not buying. The best part of the day was just sitting in a coffee shop and catching up. We don't get the chance to do that very often!

We returned to Dubuque and that evening went to a local bar to watch the Iowa vs. Ohio State game. Unfortunately the Hawkeyes lost, but it was nice to be in my home state with so many Hawkeye fans in one place.
Today I was able to make it back to spend a little time with Brandon before Brett took him back to his mom's. We kept close tabs on the baseball scores and got the see the Twins celebrate their division win, which was exciting! Now it's typical Sunday evening activity...I'm upstairs watching TV and putzing on my laptop, and Brett is downstairs watching the football game!
No comments:
Post a Comment