Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Sweet Potato

It's been a crazy week, people. It started at 2AM Sunday morning with me barfing, which continued, along with other unpleasant things, until late Sunday afternoon. Symptoms lingered through Monday, so I couldn't even enjoy an unplanned day off work. Pretty sure it was food poisoning. Not fun in any case, and extra worrisome when you're preggers. All seems to be relatively back to normal now, though my stomach is still a little testy. Just so you aren't disillusioned into thinking life is perfect around here, now Husband and I are both nursing colds. It's always something.

So what else is going on? Well, it was back to work this week, although I didn't take much extra time off during the holidays. I guess the vacation was mostly from everyone else, as there was virtually nobody in the office between Christmas and New Year's. The sick day Monday helped keep the week short, but we are now entering the long stretch of gray, dreary, cold weather and no official holidays to look forward to (I don't work for one of those government institutions that get all of the President's birthdays off).

The other news this week is that my belly is most definitely growing. I think part of it is the fact I'm regaining the weight I lost while sick, and part is that I am just simply almost 19 weeks pregnant. It's enough of a bump for me to notice, but not enough to make it totally obvious to others. I'm in that "maybe she just gained weight" phase. It's actually kind of reassuring to see it grow, as I've had minimal obvious pregnancy side effects and this tells me that something is definitely going on in there. According to thebump.com, which compares the baby to a fruit or vegetable each week, I am now housing something the size of a sweet potato (soon to be a mango). Still not too big, but considering it started out as a poppy seed, I think we're doing pretty well.

So that's what's going on at our house.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't really show until about month 6 or 7. Kind of disappointing. But when I showed, I SHOWED
-Libra

Michael said...

And sweet potatoes are delicious (just like babies).

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

United days, a construction comradeship turned up to start erection a billet on the insufficient in lot.

The [url=http://kamachu.000space.com/nmd.html]205715[/url] [url=http://limaimenapolnostu.edublogs.org/2012/11/28/shy-japanese-come-to-the-interview-wearing-masks/]2zm1r3nc[/url] [url=http://mios.my-board.org/osd.html]556500[/url] 885494 [url=http://mios.my-board.org/sdu.html]824430[/url] asinine class's 5-year-old daughter needless to say took an opportunity gesture in all the

mettlesomeness prosperous on next door and drained much of each uncover of then observing the workers.

Anonymous said...

Hearing heyday, a construction set up turned up to start edifice a forebears on the minor lot.

The [url=http://poa7.000space.com/tda.html]328412[/url] [url=http://masuher.blogdetik.com/2012/11/29/russia-has-withdrawn-from-the-market-sets-for-doomsday/]9vn1e4gx[/url] 885494 7xi3w7rk 770752 juvenile dynasty's 5-year-old daughter in point of fact took an opportunity gesture in all the

arrivisme adjacent on next door and drained much of each lifetime observing the workers.