Happy 15 Years to Brandon!
Brandon,
I can hardly believe you turn 15 today! I wish the best year ever to my kind, good-hearted, funny stepson. You have grown up quite a lot the past year...(most noticeably physically...I can now call you "The Six-Footer" with confidence - it won't be long and you'll be taller than your dad). You have also been through a lot of ups and downs this year, and have come out of it still smiling. I have always admired you for that. At times you exhibit a patience that far exceeds your age. My heart is especially full when I see you with your cousin, Miss H. The two of you have such a special bond, and even as you have "grown up," you still show her the same kindness and patience you always have. The two of you have so much fun together!
This year you have been so helpful, especially in the last few months since we bought the house. You rarely complain when asked to do things, and are always willing to pitch in. You've pulled dandelions, gotten up early on weekends to feed the dog, mowed the lawn countless times, and most recently got on a ladder to clean out the gutters. We couldn't do it all without you, so you deserve my sincerest thanks.
For all of your wonderful qualities, you are definitely 100% teenager. You "forget" to pick up your dishes or put your clothes in the laundry room. There is a little more sass, and sometimes you don't know when to stop pestering...but I can't entirely blame you, because sometimes neither does your father. :) I still think you play too many computer games, but between the two of you I've learned that's a battle I can't win.
Speaking of learning, I've learned a lot from you this past year. I can only hope you are picking up a few positive things from me. You and I have been friends for over 5 years now, and I have to say my life is definitely better for it.
I wish you the happiest year to date...but I hope it goes slowly, because I don't think I'm ready for you to be driving yet!!
Love,
Jess
Jess
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Brandon, or better yet, CHAMP!
Jeremy (co-CHAMP), Lorena and Mackenzie
Happy Birthday Brandon!
Boy, you guys have really put him to work! Cleaning out the gutters?! Maybe I should adopt a 15 year old boy???
Happy Birthday Brandon!! Sorry we can't be there for your party. Have a great day!!
Mike and Diane
Happy B-day Brandon- since you have been growing so much, I was wondering if you still fit into your classic pot, I mean corn, tee.
Post a Comment