Will Sell For Gas Money
Today I had an impromtu garage sale. It may seem strange that we are already having a sale when we just moved 3 months ago...but a few boxes of "stuff" made it over here with us. Also, there were a few things that we discovered just don't work with our space, or that we have a few too many of. Case in point, the 6 nice Mikasa martini glasses we got for our wedding that stayed in the box, waiting for the "big move" - and the 4 Target martini glasses that were on rotation in our rental spaces. Husband does make a mean chocolate martini, but I didn't see a need to keep 10 glasses around. There were also a few smaller furniture items that just weren't working right, and I wanted them out of the way. With our 3-day North Shore vacation coming up this week, I figured it wouldn't hurt to earn some gas money.
My goal was $70, or roughly the equivalent of a tank of gas for the Envoy (gulp). Turns out the garage sale stars were not aligned today...I only got half way there. However, my advertising was limited to a sign at the end of the driveway, and a 10AM Craigslist advertisement for a 9AM-3PM sale. I also looked like rain all day, so maybe that kept the scavengers away. I did get rid of all of the furniture but one desk, so that is a very good thing. A sudden downpour came through about 2:30, but I was close to the end time anyway.
All in all it wasn't a bad day, and I guess $35 is better than nothing. I was able to enjoy my neighbors and also get a few chapters read in my book. Who knows...since everything is still on tables in the garage I may try it again tomorrow for a few hours. Wish me luck in getting that tank of gas!
No comments:
Post a Comment