We Meet Again, My Little Friend
Tonight I went over to the new house to do some more painting. When I was done, I cruised to the lower level to check the time on the only operating clock in the house. Standing there, I surveyed the room and noticed a dark splotch on the wall. I flipped the light on.
It was one of these.
(That was mean, I should have given you better warning).
It did not flinch when the room was illuminated. If it had scurried across the wall, this might be an entirely different story. He was especially ugly; one of those long and dark colored versions that tells you he's been around awhile. Surprisingly, I was relatively calm. The house was empty for awhile before we bought it (the people moved to Pella, IA last fall), so we're bound to stir up some insect action. I noticed a lot of spiders last weekend, so there's plenty of treats around. Plus, with the endless amount of mulch in the yard and all the recent precip...it's practically a recipe for my many-legged friends. I just hope it's not a regular occurrence.
I know what you're thinking. Did I smash it? Nah. Didn't want to mess up the paint job. :)
1 comment:
I'm not looking at the picture b/c I know what it's going to be!! Aaahhhh! I've seen a few in our basement too. One was at the bottom of the laundry basket and couldn't get out. Needless to say, I let him die a slow death. Have a good weekend! Hope you don't run into any more of those critters :(
Post a Comment