Pheasants and Squirrels and Birds, Oh My!
So it's late and I'm in that state of complete awareness and non-tiredness, even though I know I am completely exhausted. I've had public meetings the past 2 nights and just got home from the 2nd round a bit ago. After jabbering incessantly at Husband for awhile, who was already in bed, I'm now downstairs and trying to unwind.
I definitely wanted to share a special event that happened this morning. As you all know we've been watching our yard very closely recently, as the albino squirrel has been lurking around. This morning when I was upstairs in the bathroom getting ready for work, Husband told me to look out the window at where the squirrel had been before. What was there but a pheasant! And on the other edge of the yard, the white squirrel was also back again and enjoying breakfast near a red squirrel. A I did snap a shot on the camera through the window, but he was pretty sensitive to any noises, and ran down the hill anytime we even cracked the door. The red squirrel would stick around, but chattered up a storm! A few moments later the pheasant, a grey squirrel, red squirrel and the white squirrel, along with some smaller birds, were all eating within 15 feet of each other...our own little backyard menagerie! The last time I looked the pheasant was gone, but a beautiful male cardinal had stopped in. All in all it was a very pleasant morning, and one that Husband and I had the rare opportunity to share. Usually he is long gone before I even think about leaving for work...but today he was here. So I am thankful for the appearance of these little creatures that we both enjoy so much.
1 comment:
Isn't it fun having your own backyard wildlife refuge! I;m glad to see you also posted more pictures on Flikr. They weren't a "always changing", like you said...JK! Love you, Kristi
Post a Comment