For those of you unfamiliar with hockey, I'm not telling you to get crazy...I'm supporting my local NHL team, the Minnesota Wild. I took Brandon to a game on Saturday night as part of his Christmas gift. This is my second year going in on a season ticket package with some friends. I buy a pair of tickets for 5 games. Two of my games had already passed and I wasn't able to go (sold one pair and Brett took his dad the second time), and Brandon hadn't been since last January either. So needless to say both of us were pretty excited to get there.


(OK, so maybe I was a little more excited).
The first part of our "date night" was to go out to dinner before the game. I took him to a great restaurant in St. Paul called Tavern On Grand, which arguably serves up some of the best walleye in the Twin Cities. Brandon loves walleye...so what does he order? A plate of buffalo wings, of course! The kid also loves wings, what can I say.
Following dinner we headed over to Excel Energy Center and took in an exciting game that went into overtime and then a shootout with the Colorado Avalanche. We got through the regular shootout with no winner, so it went to a sudden death shootout...(can you stand the suspense??)... unfortunately, the Wild couldn't make it happen. It was a great game nonetheless, and we had a lot of fun. It's nice to spend 1-on-1 time with Brandon, and I hope we can continue this tradition in years to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment