So Much TV, So Little Time
I don't watch a lot of TV. It's not that I don't think there are many interesting shows available, it's just that I don't have time. I get home around 6:30 or 7:00 most weekday evenings, and from then until 9:00 and beyond I am pretty consumed with Lucy. Occasionally we turn on the TV to wind down for bed, but that means we're watching Sprout or some equally appropriate preschool television. By the time I get her to bed, I can watch about 20 minutes of Real Housewives or something comparatively mind-numbing, and I'm ready for bed myself. Weekends aren't much better.
While I had plenty of channels upstairs, my lack of TV-watching was made easier by the fact that the "big" cable box and DVR were downstairs. So I couldn't even record shows and watch them later, or be tempted to find something good on our premium channel splurge, HBO.
Notice I'm saying "was" and "were"?
Back in February, Husband switched up some of our cable TV and I finally got the "full" cable box upstairs. It was like a whole new world! I had all the channels. No DVR, but I could watch On Demand. It was like Christmas, even though I still didn't have much time to watch anything.
THEN for Valentine's Day, Husband got me Google TV. I had never heard of such a thing and had no idea what it was for. My dear Husband has a penchant for buying me things that I'd never buy for myself, never would dream I'd want, but somehow just knows I will love. This was no exception.
I know I won't explain this well, but Google TV is a system that runs through the TV, and allows on-screen access to a number of online functions, like Amazon, YouTube, HBO GO, and a myriad of others I haven't even tried yet. So what's the big deal? I can access all of these on my laptop. Ah yes, but it's not the same as watching on my TV! Since I got Google TV, I have watched a number of movies either through Amazon Prime or HBO GO, as well as several TV series (especially on HBO) that I had been wanting to watch. I still don't have a lot of time to watch things, but now when I do have time, it's a lot easier and more accessible. When Lucy is napping, I can watch a movie and fold clothes. When I'm home a little early on Fridays, I can watch a few episodes of a show in the span of about an hour. And of course, Lucy has benefited by getting to see some new cartoon movies (and I avoid watching the same DVDs over and over again). It's nice!
So now that my TV-watching is more streamlined, what are some shows that are worth the time?
No comments:
Post a Comment