Sunday, December 09, 2012

Ladies Spa Weekend

Friday morning I left for Grandview Lodge in Nisswa, MN. A group of ladies I know goes up there for a weekend every year to enjoy the fabulous spa services and cut loose a little bit.  I went two years ago and decided to join them again this year. The mix of ladies is a little different every time, so there is the opportunity to reconnect with old friends and the chance to meet some new ones.  Ten in all.

Some of us had appointments Friday at the spa (I had a massage), but then on Saturday we tried something different - a spa cabin, only for our group. It's a cabin all set up with a relaxation/lounge area, and separate rooms set up for the services. We had a "concierge" of sorts available to us all day, offering warm neck wraps. :) There was even a hot tub on the deck!

It was at our disposal all day, so we lounged and snacked and chatted and slept and...ahhhhhh. It was so nice! Sprinkled in there, of course, were some wonderful services. I had a very relaxing facial. Who couldn't relax in this beautiful cabin?


Most of the girls went out on Friday night, but I stayed in with another woman because my back was bothering me, and frankly I was ready to hang out in my stretchy pants! We had a nice time chatting and having a couple glasses of wine while everyone else went out and danced their butts off. Saturday night, we went to Iven's on the Bay for dinner and a few of these babies:


Everyone was pretty tired so we went back to our main cabin and watched a movie, then headed to bed. We needed to rest up, because overnight the world turned white! A few inches of snow came down and was still falling in the morning. If possible, snow makes the lodge even prettier.



It was just too bad it came as we were leaving. I'm sure a little bit of our relaxed state was disrupted in our respective white-knuckle drives home! Over a foot fell in many parts of the state, including the metro. It took awhile to get home, but I made it unscathed and was warmly welcomed by my loves. It's nice to get away once in awhile, but it's also nice to be home!

3 comments:

Kristi K. said...

That sounds lovely :) Especially the spa cabin day! What a great way to relax and spend some time with great friends!

Anonymous said...

This paragrарh іs rеally a fastіԁious one
іt hеlps new ωeb ρeoрlе, ωho arе wishing fог blοgging.


Feel free to surf to my web ρage - vapornine
Also see my web page >

Anonymous said...

Hmm it looks like youг site ate my first comment (it was ѕuрer long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly
еnjoying your blog. I too am an asρiring
blοg writeг but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any suggestions for first-time blog writers? I'ԁ reаlly apprесiate it.


Visit my web-site :: Http://Pikavippii.Net
my site - pikavippi