Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hey There, Little Red Riding Hood…

We had a storybook character in our midst for Halloween this year! Lucy really didn’t know the story, but once I get an idea in my head there's no turning back.  I found a decent version of the story on YouTube, and once we got over the initial shock of the wolf eating the grandma, she was on board. I made the cape out of fleece using this tutorial, we got a basket at Goodwill, put on a dress we already had, and voila! Little Red Riding Hood.

We had lots of great Halloween activities this year. Last Saturday, we went to the Great Pumpkin Festival at The West End, a local shopping area. Lucy wore her costume and we "trick-or-treated" at the exhibitor booths, danced with the Radio Disney team, and decorated a trick-or-treat bag.


On Sunday, Auntie Brenda and Uncle Bob invited Lucy and our niece Miss H to a Halloween party at their neighbor's house. Husband and I got to go see a movie (Argo - fantastic!) and our girl had a good time. Miss H was a raccoon, but without the mask she could be the Big Bad Wolf, right?


Wednesday was the big day! Lucy got to take her costume to school for a party. That evening, although got a little bit of a late start, we walked the neighborhood for about 45 minutes and got a basket full of candy. Lucy did great at saying "trick-or-treat" and "thank you" and walked the whole time with no complaints! It was a really fun time and everyone loved her costume. One guy made the mistake of saying, "are you a good witch, or a bad witch?" Lucy said rather firmly, "I'm not a WITCH!" which got him laughing. I'll have a little sass with that candy, thank you very much!



Happy Halloween to all of you!  



No comments: