Tonight we took Lucy on her first movie theater experience to see Dr. Seuss' The Lorax. We are great fans of this book at our house, and since our little one has taken an interest in movies lately (and has a decent ability to sit still and hold her bladder), we thought we'd give it a shot.
So how did she do? Really well, I'd say! We made two trips to the bathroom, but both were "productive," so I didn't mind (and was happy she told me). She was surprisingly very interested in the popcorn, and hoarded the bag for most of the show. She may have eaten a little too much though, as she had a bit of a bellyache about 3/4 through and spent the rest of the movie on my lap. She was very interested in the movie and made several (sometimes loud) proclamations as she recognized certain characters or found things funny.
| This was before the movie started, and she was saying "Mommy, I really 'ecited'!" (and hello, can you believe this is a small popcorn?! I had forgotten how nutty the sizes are.) |
Now that we know Lucy can do this, I have to admit, I am excited at the prospect of having an excuse to go see some of these cute animated films!
No comments:
Post a Comment