We had a nice mini-vacation including the 4th of July. Lucy and I went down on Thursday to spend some time with my mom's side of the family at Camp Okoboji. It was HOT and humid but we got in some good time at the lake, and Lucy got to play with her cousins. Husband joined us on Saturday, and we all headed to Storm Lake on Sunday. We enjoyed some early fireworks that night, and the parade on Monday morning. We were a little surprised that our usual parade-watching spot was in the full sun - the trees had recently been cut down! Husband headed back that day and Lucy and I stayed with Grandma and Grandpa until Tuesday. It was a nice little vacation, but we are all tired and a little crabby...getting off schedule with a toddler is not so fun!
The photo below is one of my favorites from the long weekend. It is taken in front of my grandpa and grandma's house. My dad's family gathered there after the parade, just like we always do...except this year Grandpa was not there. We all miss him and Grandma dearly, but I'm happy I have this photo, and to be able to tell Lucy one day about her great-grandparent's house and how she spent some time there on her first three 4th of July holidays.
Thank you to all the soldiers, past and present, who fight for our freedom. I appreciate what you do to make this country safe for me and my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment