Thursday night Husband took me to a Twins game at the new ballpark, Target Field. This was an anniversary/birthday gift, and we had a fabulous time. Before the game we had dinner at one of our old favorites, The Loon, and I have to say it was nice to see Downtown hustling and bustling, and it was nice to be in the midst of it again too! Since we moved out to the 'burbs we don't get down there as much, and we both commented that we have to remember some of the great restaurants when we're thinking of places to go.
The Twins lost, but the game was great. The stadium is fabulous. Any place that holds over 40,000 people is obviously big, but yet it feels intimate. I guess it may be the way it's nestled into Downtown, but it really feels like a community space. The concourses are open so you always feel like a part of the game even when you're not in your seat, and in fact for several innings we were wandering around and catching up with our brother-in-law Troy, who was also at the game. It's got a great Minnesota feel, from the limestone exterior to the food offerings. Many local favorite restaurants are represented, and there is also a state fair booth where the the food is served on a stick or a little paper canoe. I heard someone say "I'm going to get a pretzel, some cheese curds, and a Polish." How much more Minnesota could you get, really?
I rounded out that picture by developing a pretty comfortable buzz on locally-brewed Grainbelt Premium. I laughed, and I cheered, and I had a great time. The best part though, was having a night out with my husband. We don't get to do that often enough. Thanks, babe - Michael Cuddyer has nothing on you! :)
1 comment:
Sounds like a great time!
Post a Comment