Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Des Moines, Baby (ies)

Last weekend Lucy and I took a girls' trip to Des Moines to visit some friends. We met everyone for lunch and then hung out at Family H's house. It was a lot of fun! There were 9 kids between 5 families, and as always, it was cool to see all of the ages and stages. We had everything from 3 months to 6 years. With the 3-month old, a 7-month old, and Lucy at almost one year, we had a visual of just how much a kid changes in a year. It's really amazing to see it like that. Of course Lucy had a little trouble knowing what to do with the advances of an "older" man...17-month-old B was very interested, but Lucy wasn't having it.


The kids had a blast playing outside, and Lucy spent what seemed like forever just playing in the mulch and dirt. A little tomboy perhaps?

And here's my girl again, getting more grown up every day. I let her face forward for the first time in the car. I know it's a couple of weeks early, but she's almost 5 pounds over the weight minimum, and it just made sense. She did really well in the car yet again, and seemed to enjoy the ride more when she could see Mom and look out more windows. I'm so lucky she's a good little traveler. Can't wait for the next trip, thanks ladies and kiddos!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Thank you for coming! I had such a great time:)