Christmas Sing-A-Long
One of my favorite parts of the Christmas season is digging out the holiday CDs and tuning into the 24-hour Christmas radio station. There are certain obvious activities that pretty much require a soundtrack of holiday tunes, like putting up the Christmas tree...but it even makes more mundane tasks like cleaning the kitchen or folding laundry seem more festive.
One of my favorite holiday songs is "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." I especially like it as sung by John Denver and Rolf from the Muppets, but I also like the twist of the James Taylor version. My favorite traditional tune is "O Holy Night." Nat King Cole and Martina McBride do great versions of this one. There are so many other wonderful songs though, that I find myself saying "oh, I love this one!" many times over.
So my question is...what are your favorite Christmas tunes?
2 comments:
My favorites are Little Drummer Boy and Do You Hear What I Hear.
I enjoy almost all christmas music. My favorite ones are the classic ones, the songs we learned in grade school for the christmas concerts. I would guess today the kids can't sing those songs to be political correct. I wonder if they even know any of them.
If you get a chance check out the Celtic Woman christmas songs, the harmonizing, the orchestra, there is nothing like it. My favorite from them are, O Holy Night and Come all ye faithful. I also like Patty Loveless CD Bluegrass- White Snow
Post a Comment