Tunes on 2s - You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC (1980)
Listen/watch here.
If you don't know this song, where have you been the past 28 years? The opening riff is unmistakable; it automatically gets people out of their chairs and out on the dance floor (or at the very least gets the toes tappin'). In 2008, it's still one of the most popular songs requested at wedding receptions (Wikipedia).
I have many memories of this song, but a particular one comes to mind as I think of my own wedding reception. I was cutting a rug for most of the night and having a ball with my friends and family. My dear husband does not enjoy the dancing as much as I do, and he was spending most of his time sitting outside talking with our guests, including his childhood friend and groomsman Steve, who he shared several hair band concert experiences with as a teenager. However, when this song started to play, he and Steve came out of the woodwork and onto the floor. It was so much fun! They were singing along and stayed out on the floor for a few hairband songs in a row. I'll never forget this song, if for nothing but the simple fact it got my husband out on the dance floor.
I had to choose this song for Tunes on 2s, because tomorrow night Husband and Brandon are going to see AC/DC at the Excel Energy Center in St. Paul. The lead singer, Brian Johnson, is 61 years old! However, judging by their recent album, these guys are still fully capable of rocking the house. They are going to have a great time!
They're so excited that Husband just turned to me and said "I want to be Angus Young for Halloween next year, by the way." Complete with velvet jacket and shorts. Can you see it?! :)
1 comment:
Your wedding was so much fun! I remember Brett busting a move to Def Leppard too! It was a good time had by all.
That would be a fabulous Halloween costume. I am laughing just thinking about it!
Post a Comment