My Prize
Husband: "So what are you doing Friday night?"
Me: "I'm staying at Big Sandy Lodge, with you. Are you asking me on a date?"
H: "No."
M: [deflated] "Oh."
H: [pause] "Are you going to watch the Vikings game?" [grins]
M: [eyeroll] "Oh, gawd. Are you serious?"
H: "We only have to watch like, 3 quarters."
M: "The entire game is 4 quarters!"
H: "OK, it's preseason. Maybe only one quarter."
M: "I guess it will be on in the bar, I can drink."
H: "Sure."
M: "Here I thought you were going to do something romantic."
H: "Me?!"
M: "Yes, you. I know it's in there somewhere. Did you just do it when we were dating to woo me?"
H: "Pretty much."
M: "Sweet. Something to look forward to for years to come."
3 comments:
Hey, sounds familiar, except the conversation would happen 5 minutes before the game. At least you got a heads up! And it wouldn't be the Vikings, it would be the Packers playing...or should I say the Buccaneers...
You are just now figuring this out? Ha! you've been duped ;-)
Ah the Vikings and the Cyclones, then basketball and wrestling season...
*singing* It's the most wonderful time of the year.....
Mine would go something like this....
Lisa: Where are we going? (noticing we missed the turn to go home)
Me: Up to the bar.
L: Oh. What for?
M: Football game is on. I thought we'd watch a little bit.
L: It's preseason, right?
M: Yeah, we won't watch all of it. Just a couple beers.
L: Preseason Football.
M: (Keeps looking forward.....then glances at L while driving)
L: (looking blankly at me, completely speechless)
J: (Turns vehicle around)
Post a Comment