Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Oh, the Weather Outside is Frightful

Well here it is again! Tuesday snow + weekend snow = beautiful mess! I say beautiful because it is rather pretty, particularly when viewed from indoors, with the modern convenience of HEAT. I say mess because a one-hour commute and one "snow emergency" parking ticket later, the snow can do terrible things to a person. Add that to the fact that the parking ticket was on Husband's vehicle, and he's not even here (he's in Las Vegas). It's completely my fault, I didn't move it soon enough. We have a wacky landlord who will not allow us to park in the driveway of our very charming duplex. This is because the main part of the driveway is filled with his two vehicles, which he cannot fit into the two-car garage conveniently situated to the rear of the property, adjacent to said driveway, because it is full of CRAP. So anyway, I didn't get home before the plows and Husband's vehicle got ticketed. At least it wasn't towed!

Aside from the commute and parking challenges, it seems the weather is causing other transportation issues - Husband's flight home is delayed. Right now it's only estimated at a half hour late, but it's still snowing here and it says visibility is zero at the airport. That can't make for a good landing.

1 comment:

Kristi @ Sunday Afternoon said...

Aahhh, yes...we had the same storms you had. I'm very grateful, VERY grateful, we now have a driveway AND a garage. Just think, next year you won't have to deal with this!! Hopefully Brett made it home safe!